- Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.computerology.ie.
This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites, and links from this website to external websites are clearly identifiable as such.
We fully respect your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission.
- Information that is gathered from visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. We gather the following personal data:
We collect the names, email addresses, organisation names, phone numbers of people who contact us by filling out and submitting the Contact Us Form on our website.
This is a WordPress website. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select ‘Remember Me’, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites, and links from this website to external websites are clearly identifiable as such.
- How the information is used
The information is used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising. Email addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to third parties.
- Visitor Options
If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in any email that you receive. You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings, but this may prevent you from accessing certain features of the website.
- Your Rights
The individuals for whom Computerology stores personal data have the following rights:
- To have your personal data obtained and processed fairly.
- To have personal data kept securely and not illegitimately disclosed to others.
- To be informed the purpose for which the information is held.
- To get a copy of your personal data which you have provided in a structured commonly used and machine-readable format if requested within 30 days from the request.
- To have your personal data corrected if inaccurate.
- The right to erasure where the personal data is no longer necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
- To prevent your personal data from being used for certain purposes apart from the purposes you have consented to.
- If you are not satisfied that Computerology manages your personal data you have a right to make a complaint to the Protection Commissioner.
- Retention periods
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely by WordPress. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- In accordance with our retention policy, mailing lists are deleted immediately if clients leave, or request removal.
- Mailing lists are reviewed every two years and if there has been no engagement within this period, users will be removed from the mailing list.
- C.V. and job applications are deleted after 12 months.
- If staff have received no engagement from users regarding inquiries, any communication will also be deleted after 12 months.
- Governing Law
This legal notice and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- Changes to this policy