If you are unfortunate enough to be hacked or have your device stolen, the last thing you want is to lose the entire contents of it too.
All of your contacts, photos and messages can be lost in a split second but if you have backed-up your device all of this can retrieved and at least the only thing lost is the device itself.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Settings > iCloud > Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup if it isn’t already turned on.
- Make sure you are on a WiFi connection and tap Back Up Now.
- Check your backup by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, and then select your device.
- Go to Settings > Personal > Backup and reset, and select both Backup my data and Automatic restore.
- Go to Settings > Personal > Accounts > Sync, and select your Google account.
- Select all of the option boxes listed, to ensure that all available data is synced.
If you have any concerns relating to the security of your devices, contact us in Computerology. We’d be happy to help.